Friday, March 20, 2015
Negros Occidental Kicks Off Tour Guiding Course Today
1. Former Governor Rafael Coscolluela - The Sugar Industry: History, Social, & Ecological Issues
2. Mr. Roque Hofilena, President of Negros Occidental Historical Council and Former Provincial Planning & Development Officer - Understanding Geography
3. Mr. Ivan Henares - President, Heritage Conservation Society - Heritage Conservation
4. Ms. Christina Gaston - President, Association of Negros Producers - The ANP Story and An Intro to Negrense Arts and Crafts
5. Mr. Ramil Basuel - Department of Tourism-Manila - Overview of the Philippine Tourism Industry and the Economics of Tourism
6.Ms. Ruth Cruz - President, Negros Island Tourism Inc. - The Role of Tour Guides in Destination Marketing
7. Mr. Rudy Reveche - Performing Arts Director of Colegio San Agustin-Bacolod & NCCA Committee Member on Dramatic Arts - Understanding Filipino Dance and Music
8. Ms. Mae Buaron - Senior Trade & Industry Development Specialist - Products of Negros and the Visayas
9. Tin Mansinares of the Province of Negros Occidental
The course takes up all weekends from today until the last weekend of May 2015 and will help provide more competent and knowledgeable tour guides for the province.
Interest in Negros Occidental among national tourists is on the upside given the popularity of the Masskara Festival, the Ruins in Talisay, the heritage houses in Silay, Millionaire's Row in Bacolod, the beaches in Sipalay, and many other interesting points of interest.